Fall Into Healthy Eating This Season
Your physical health is so much more than the exercises you do. It is also about what you eat during the day. Healthy eating during the fall is easy since many vegetables are coming into season. We encourage you to incorporate more of these vegetables into your diet. We have provided you with two healthy alternatives.
Taco Stuffed Yellow Squash
- 3 yellow squash, sliced lengthwise and seeded
- 2 green peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 1/4 pound ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 ounces of cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Boil or steam squash for 5-8 minutes to soften.
3. Brown ground beef in skillet with garlic and chopped green pepper.
4. Combine remaining seasonings in small bowl.
5. Stir in seasonings and water to browned ground beef. Simmer until water has been absorbed.
6. Scoop meat mix into halved squash and pepper on baking pan. Top with cheese.
7. Cover with foil and bake at 400°F for 30-35 minutes.
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
- 3 cups gluten free, quick-cooking oats
- 1.5 cups pumpkin
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1.5 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all the ingredients, except for the raisins and mix well. Add the raisins in once all the other ingredients are mixed together completely.
3. Roll the dough into small balls and place on a cookie sheet. These cookies do not rise so the shape they are in will be how they bake.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
The physical therapists at Fusion Rehabilitation can work with you to maintain and preserve your overall health. We help our patients with the best care possible and will not stop until you are feeling 100%. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.