Happy National Physical Therapy Month!
Each year when October rolls around, we get to celebrate National Physical Therapy Month!
What makes physical therapy different? It is a one-on-one approach tailored specifically for each and every patient. There is no one-size-fits-all treatment approach.
Physical therapy is a profession that comes with a high level of happiness. This may be due to the personalized approach that physical therapists take. They work one-on-one with their patients, helping them to improve their quality of life.
The results are rewarding for both physical therapist and patient, as they get to see amazing results from their hard work and watch it pay off. This pay off could come in the form of better balance, improved strength, steadier legs, the ability to walk again, a stronger body, and so much more.
In honor of National Physical Therapy Month and all of the ways that it can benefit you, here are a few fun facts about physical therapy.
- Physical therapists help patients manage a variety of health conditions. (Check out our blog to see all the ways physical therapy can help you.)
- Body movement and real life application (functional training) is at the core of physical therapy
- You don’t have to get a referral to visit a physical therapist. You have direct access to visit one.
- Forbes articles published in 2011 and 2013 ranked physical therapists among the “Ten Happiest Jobs”
- Physical therapists are highly satisfied in their jobs, also according to rankings put out in recent years by CNNMoney.com and a National Opinion Research Center survey conducted by the University of Chicago
- CNNMoney.com grades the physical therapy profession as an “A” in its “Benefits to Society” category
- In recent years, US News & World Report ranked physical therapists as having the #6 overall best job in a category of 100.
Now that you know more about National Physical Therapy Month…
…come experience the benefits of physical therapy for yourself! The team at Fusion Rehab is here to help. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.